[cairo] glitz causes weird X error

Charles Tuckey ctuckey at verano.com
Wed Oct 13 09:51:53 PDT 2004

[Disclaimer: I am not an X expert either.] However, I have received
these error messages with the same opcodes some time back. The messages
are coming from the GLX portion of X. In my case, the problem was that
glitz was not getting the right window format. Hopefully this gives you
some hints about where to look for a solution.

charlie

Alex Dubov wrote:
> Greetings to everybody.
> I'm trying to develop a small app using qt and cairo.
> First I used a Xlib backend and everything worked
> fine, but slow. Then I moved to glitz (cvs version,
> last changelog date: 2004-10-06). Now the app is much
> faster, however for every cairo_stroke, cairo_fill or
> cairo_show_surface (for
> glitz_glx_surface_create_for_window too) it prints an
> annoying X error:
> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>   Major opcode:  129
>   Minor opcode:  5
>   Resource id:  0x320001b
> , completely cluttering my terminal.
> Does anyboy knows what is causing this error. My
> understanding of X is somewhat rudimentary, so I'll
> appreciate any help.
>
> Also: I'd really like to use glitz_gl_begin/end calls,
> but they are not present in the glitz version I've got
> from the CVS. Where can I get their implementation?
> Thank you.

Charles Tuckey, MSc.
Software Developer
Verano, Inc.
403.299.4765

  © Copyright 2004 Verano Inc. owns copyright content of this document
and all attachments unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.
Users of Verano Inc. software and tools associated with the software
such as sales & marketing collateral, presentations, user manuals,
training documentation etc. may not republish nor reproduce in whole or
in part the information, in any form or by any means, in any manner
whatsoever without the prior written permission of Verano Inc., and any
such unauthorized use constitutes copyright infringement. An
acknowledgement of the source must be included whenever Verano Inc.
material is copied or published. If you require further information on a
permitted use or license to reproduce or republish any material, address
your inquiry to Verano Inc.Suite 120, 575 West Street, Mansfield,
Massachusetts, 02048-1164. Any infringement of Verano Inc. rights  will
result in appropriate legal action. Verano Inc. disclaims any and all
liability for any consequences which may result from any unauthorized
reproduction or use of this Work whatsoever.