[cairo] Options for disabling antialiasing (was: Re: Cairodevelopers conference call...)

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Fri Oct 15 20:58:19 PDT 2004

Carl Worth wrote:

>When talking about a desire to "turn off antialiasing" I think it's
>important to determine what's really wanted, and see what we can do to
>achieve that.

Not speaking for Ravindra, but one thing I can think of is performance.
Making Cairo *the* graphics substrate for Mozilla will be a no-brainer
for us only if we have a Cairo backend as fast as Win32 GDI on low-end
systems --- at least for the simple stuff that we need to render HTML,
i.e. mostly just text, images and rectangles. It might be easier to
reach that goal if we avoid antialiasing the rectangles.

Rob

--
Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org>
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ