[cairo] Proposed simplified replacement for Cairo compositing operators.

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Oct 22 11:17:02 PDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:03:55 -0700, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> Okay, I think I see the confusion. Basically you are allowing an OP to modify
> outside the clip path, in fact all the way to the edge of the surface.
>
> I (and I think a lot of other people) disagree with that design. It would be
> nice to be able to set a clip path and be able to assumme that some code you
> call cannot draw outside it

Ah, thanks Bill. I wasn't thinking clearly about what the real problem
here is.

I was thinking about fixing a potential bug in the current
implementation of:

	dest = src IN mask OP dest

There may or may not be a bug there. As you've now helped me recall, the
problem I had was in trying to use the mask operator to get the clipping
behavior I want, (which is exactly as you describe above).

So, now that I'm once again understanding the problem more clearly, I'll

Thanks again,