[cairo] Re: Problems compiling cairo-ocaml

Olivier Andrieu oliv__a at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 26 05:06:02 PDT 2004

[CCing the list]

 > Stephen Gates [Tue, 26 Oct 2004]:
 >
 > >> $ ocaml -I +cairo bigarray.cma cairo.cma
 > >> Cannot load required shared library dllmlcairo.
 > >> Reason: dyld: ocamlrun Undefined symbols:
 > >> _cairo_arc
 > >
 > > Sorry, can't help you here: I known nothing of how dynamic loading
 > > works on OSX. Apparently dllmlcairo has trouble locating the cairo lib
 > > (?)
 >
 > Thanks for replying.
 >
 > Basically I didn't link the cairo library when running ocamlmklib on
 > the cairo-ocaml files. Silly me!
 >
 > The reason I didn't use the make files is because I didn't want the GTK
 > stuff. Perhaps you could make this an option?

Ah, yes: the configure script stops if it can't find GTK+. Indeed
that's undesirable. I'll fix that.

 > And are you going to add support for glitz to ocaml-cairo?

Well, problem is I don't known what functions to interface. As I
understand things, most functions in glitz.h provide a similar API to
cairo's and are here to be called by the glitz backend in cairo. So I
guess that if I wrap the couple of functions in glitz-glx.h and
glitz-agl.h that return a glitz_surface_t, that would make the glitz
cairo backend usable from caml. Is that correct ?

--
   Olivier