[cairo] Compiling Cairo with MinGW under Win32

Jack Chen jacks_small_world at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 20:48:13 PDT 2004

Hi, dear list members,

I have just subscribed to this mailing list because I want to try to
compile Cairo with the MinGW compiler under Win32. Has anyone attempted
it before me? If so, can someone please point me to an successful
example? If not, would someone please give me some useful information
on compiling it with MinGW?

I also have another question. I know a vector graphics rendering can be
easily saved as a bitmapped format, but can Cairo, or any vector
graphics libraries, save/convert a bitmapped image to a vector
graphics's format? I mainly want to save bitmaps of rectangles or
polygons that have a straight line outline, and I think the biggest
problem would be how to describe the color changes inside the polygon
in the bitmap with cairo's native gradient descriptions.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jack