[cairo] RFC the idea of n-plane color support

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sun Oct 31 02:05:44 PST 2004

Hi,
my name is Kai-Uwe Behrmann. I am thinking about an possiblity to color
correct monitors under linux, handling the source images native color
space. So some questions arrises.

How passes an ICC profile through Cairo to an final PDF output or to glitz
for monitor correction? Physical devices are allways different.
As Microsoft plans to overcome GDI, they will go steps further to
support 8/16-bit (sRGB,scRGB,CMYK,n-color) colorspaces in WCS.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + imaging development / panoramas
                                + color management