[cairo] A hidden offset for the xlib backend

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Tue Sep 7 09:40:39 PDT 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 09:37 am, Jost Boekemeier wrote:
> One solution would be to extend the cairo API to
> create a surface with the appropriate offset:
>
>  cairo_surface_create(ct, event.xoff, event.yoff,
>                           event.width, event.height);

If this is going to be done, maybe we should implement the entire NeWS
interface, where a surface is created using the current transformation and
clipping path. The above would be accomplished by making a rectangle path at
x,y,width,height and then doing cairo_surface_create(ct).

However I don't understand why GTK can't just do
cairo_translate(ct,-event.xoff,-event.yoff) before calling the widget drawing
functions.