[cairo] cairo.h in /usr/include

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Tue Sep 7 12:17:19 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 15:11, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 September 2004 10:51 am, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > $ pkg-config --cflags cairo
> > -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/libpng12
>
> Whatever happened to the abilty to run the compiler from the command line? Do
> we really want all these layers of wrapper programs?

That's what `` are for.

 cc -o foo `pkg-config --cflags --libs cairo gtk+-2.0` foo.c

Is as about as easy as it gets. Certainly easier than trying to
build the correct command line for a combination of libraries
by hand.

pkg-config is pretty well tested technology; it's been used for the
GTK+ stack for four years now, and has adoption for the X libraries,
libpng, etc.

Regards,
						Owen