[cairo] Compiling Cairo on OSX: libs versions?

David Reveman c99drn at cs.umu.se
Tue Sep 14 04:42:37 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 12:12 +0100, jayv at synth.net wrote:
> Can someone who has successfully compiled and used cairo on
> OSX please tell me (us) what lib versions you used, and any specific
> OSX tweaks you needed to make to get things to compile?
>
> I have been unable to compile cairo from the CVS under OSX,
> due to changes in the CVS glitz lib being out of sync with the
> cairo module, and have also been unsuccessful with 0.1.13 and
> 0.1.15 versions of glitz.  If anyones able to state what version
> of things gets a compile happily functioning in OSX, please let
> me know ..

It should now work fine with the latest CVS versions of glitz, cairo and
libpixman. I've tested glitz under OSX with both ati and nvidia hardware
without any problems.

I don't think you need to do any special tricks to get it to compile,
but I'm not sure. Maybe you need to get pkg-config if that one is
missing.

-David