[cairo] Re[2]: Cairographics on win32

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 15:06:07 PDT 2005

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 17:17:52 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>  - The PDF surface needs some work on fonts before it will work on
>    Win32 with the native font backend.

Ah, I had forgotten this.

>  - I see no virtue in compiling the Xlib backend on Windows.

Hey, it came in handy for me once already. ;-) But, then again, I'm
the kind of guy that just used autoconf on win32 anyway.

> For non-smart build systems, I don't think the default should be
> "build everything, force the user to unconfigure what doesn't work".
> I think it should be "build it the way we'd expect it to be
> configured typically". And the typical Win32 build is definitely
> not going to include the Xlib backend...

Sure, I can accept that. It was really just the print backends being
off by default that really caught me by surprise. That's definitely
not the way I want things long term.