[cairo] Rectangle region optimizations

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 09:01:11 PDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:33:49 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Here's a patch that implements various optimizations in cairo-gstate.c
> related to pixel-aligned rectangle regions.

Excellent work. Faster, cleaner, and functionally the same, (as far as
any of my tests go).

> The patch adds a test case that seems to work well... I haven't done
> a lot of testing with applications yet, but I expect it should give
> a noticeable performance boost.

I've just committed a change to cairo-demo/sproing.c to
cairo_rectangle/cairo_fill a solid color into the background. Without
the patch this slows the program to a crawl when the window is
large. But with the patch it's just as snappy as before.

Well done. Please commit.