[cairo] Implementing GUI with Cairo

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Mon Apr 18 06:44:14 PDT 2005

>I'm making a hobby OS, and I've successfully got cairo working in my
>small kernel, and am now ready to tackle building a GUI based on the
>cairo graphics library.

I have a working GUI which I've made using Cairo/SVG, and the way I
approach this is to reference individual SVG objects as my GUI
elements.

For example, I have an SVG object with the id="Window", and within
this object are all the bits and pieces which describe the Window.  I
have separate accessor functions which change the attributes of this
object according to my need, by directly manipulating the SVG DOM ..

Its exciting, actually, to have a fully-SVG GUI on my app!  Themes
are so easily made!!  New Controls -> Just paint them, make sure they
have the right ID's set, and oila!

;)

--

;