[cairo] Mozilla on Cairo

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Fri Apr 22 05:08:12 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 13:25 +1200, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> I have another question, about image drawing. All our image drawing
> uses patterns because we support drawing a subrectangle of the image,
> and the easiest way to do that is to use the pattern matrix. Would it
> be faster (or otherwise desirable) to use show_image_surface when the
> subrectangle is the full image?

show_surface() is going away ...

 http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2005-February/003048.html

It's basically already that way as far as the backend interface is
concerned ... the code creates a temporary pattern before calling
into the backend.

You do want to make sure that you use a matrix for your surface pattern
that is exactly the identity except for translations when possible,
since that enables a lot of optimization that can't be otherwise done.

Regards,
					Owen