[cairo] Updated cairogears?

Paul Best paul.best at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 13:05:40 PDT 2005

I haven't been able to build cairogears against either the last
snapshot release, or the current cvs. I had it working before I
upgraded my machine, and since then I've had no luck. Has there just
been an API change that has broken it for the time being? Is there an
updated version somewhere that will get it building again? Or is this
just a matter of my own incompetance?

I know its not a necessary app (my Evince packages are working fine
with the cairo packs that I have right now.), its just a very good
demo, and I'm curious as to how my new machine compares to my old one.

I'm running Slackware 10.1 and Dropline Gnome 2.10.1 and cairo checked
out of CVS from a few days ago.

Build messages follow.

cc -g -Wall `pkg-config --cflags cairo` `pkg-config --cflags
glitz-glx` -DGLITZ_GLX_BACKEND   -c -o trap.o trap.c
trap.c: In function `trap_render':
trap.c:172: warning: implicit declaration of function
`cairo_set_alpha_DEPRECATED_BY_cairo_set_source_rgba'
cc -g -Wall `pkg-config --cflags cairo` `pkg-config --cflags
glitz-glx` -DGLITZ_GLX_BACKEND   -c -o comp.o comp.c
cc -g -Wall `pkg-config --cflags cairo` `pkg-config --cflags
glitz-glx` -DGLITZ_GLX_BACKEND   -c -o text.o text.c
text.c: In function `text_path_render_text1':
text.c:117: warning: implicit declaration of function
`cairo_set_alpha_DEPRECATED_BY_cairo_set_source_rgba'
cc -g -Wall `pkg-config --cflags cairo` `pkg-config --cflags
glitz-glx` -DGLITZ_GLX_BACKEND   -c -o text2.o text2.c
text2.c:34: error: parse error before '*' token
text2.c:34: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `font'
text2.c:34: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
text2.c: In function `text2_render':
text2.c:58: warning: implicit declaration of function
`cairo_set_alpha_DEPRECATED_BY_cairo_set_source_rgba'
make: *** [text2.o] Error 1
Error!  Configure exited with status: 2
Failed package cairogears