[cairo] target XLIB <-> Image

Jacob =JoukJansen joukj at hrem.stm.tudelft.nl
Fri Apr 29 13:39:31 PDT 2005

Hi all,

 A couple of questions:

 - I'm trying to get cairo working on my OpenVMS system, because I would
   like gtk2 running there and the latest cvs versions need cairo

 - compilation of libpixman & cairo from todays CVS is straight forward

 - All test tell me that they fail. The pictures with target Image look
   awfull, but the pictures with target XLIB look nice at first glance. In
   the latter case only pixels next to the "sharp" edges in the pictures
   are "wrong"

 1) Am I right to conclude that the target XLIB test are OK and that the
    differences occur only due to the use of a different compiler and a
    different CPU chip?

 2) Can you give me some hints to get the "target Image" tests better?
    i.e. what code should I try to debug first?

 For those interested : I placed the changes I had to make in libpixman &
cairo on my web-page.

      http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software1.html

        Jouk Jansen

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.stm.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Rotterdamseweg 137                       tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 AL Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd