[cairo] Clipping and stroking

Jonathan Roewen jonathan.roewen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:14:34 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm having a problem with cairo and clipping. From docs, it says it
only clips the area equivalent to calling cairo_fill. Wouldn't it be
better if it were to clip the area equivalent to fill + stroke?

Whilst for a rectangle, it's not remarkably hard to make a bigger
rectangle in order to get a clip region that includes the stroke, but
for arbitrary paths, this isn't so easy.

While developing my GUI using Cairo, I need to be able to do effective
clipping in order to minimise screen redraw, but without stroke being
included in the clip region is making life a bit harder than it should
be.

Jonathan