[cairo] Playing around with a QX3 microscope, smaller images

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:04:34 PDT 2005

I was playing around with my QX3 microscope and took these pictures of
subpixel shading. You can see that it really works

It took me a few seconds to figure out that everything was ok. It is
blue to the right of the black in the glyph pictures. Since I have an
RGB display I though that you would want to light the red pixel, not
the blue one. Then it dawned on me that the text is black and the
outside is white so you need to do it the other way around.

It was pretty touchy shooting the pictures, everything has to aligned
and illuminated just right or everything is blurry or blooms.

I did this because I couldn't figure out why my fonts didn't look
right in kdevelop. Now I know that you have to enable subpixel text in
both the Gnome and KDE control panels.

Owen, I don't have a blog, want to make an entry out of these in yours?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com