[cairo] PS surface and composite glyphs

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Thu Aug 4 23:08:55 PDT 2005

Adrian Johnson wrote:
> I've been working with the postscript surface and found that printing of
> composite glyphs was not working. Here's a patch that got it working for
> me.

Good work, thanks.  Patch applied with a couple of changes: I renamed
cairo_pdf_ft_font_remap_composite_glyphs to
cairo_pdf_ft_font_remap_composite_glyph since it's only remapping one
glyph at a time and I added a comment about why the glyf table has to be
the first we write out.

> Is Type 1 font support planned for the postscript backend?

Yes, but not subsetting.  That shouldn't be a problem, though, since
Type1 fonts are restricted to 255 glyphs.  My plan was to just embed the
Type1 font directly, but I haven't yet figured out how to get at the raw
font data given an FT_Face using the public freetype API.

> BTW, I found that cairo-demo/PS/basket.c needed a call to
> cairo_surface_destroy() to make it work.

Yeah, thanks, I've added that.

Kristian