[cairo] (no subject)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Aug 10 11:36:52 PDT 2005

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:23:08 -0400 (EDT), Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 21:03:21 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > > May I suggest the following: An even micro version indicates an
> > > official source relase, an odd micro version indicates a CVS
> > > snapshot. The micro version is normally odd most of the time, and
> > > bumped to even only when building a source tarbal, and then bumped to
> > > odd after that (and committed). The even number is never committed to
> > > CVS.
>
> I beg for an exception though.  The even micro should be commited
> with notice in ChangeLog that cairo-x-y-z released, and the
> bumped up after that right away.  This way there is a version in
> the CVS that is exactly what the release contains.

I just committed the new instructions in RELEASING. They order they
have is:

	Increment to even-micro, and commit
	Make tar file, and upload
	Tag
	Increment to odd-micro, and commit
	Email release announcement

Please feel free to review the detailed instructions and provide any
feedback:

	http://cvs.cairographics.org/*checkout*/cairo/RELEASING

For example, the current instructions have no provision for
incrementing cairo_version_major. That's probably the right plan for
now, but I'm always open to suggestions.