[cairo] More docs

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sun Aug 14 07:25:13 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 23:13 +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
> I had to put in ugly extra blank lines because gtkdoc-mkdb seems to have
> bugs. If you have:
>
> <programlisting>
> Ao.Co = Aa.Ca &lt;OP&gt; Ab.Cb
>
> then the xml generated has:
>
> <para>
> <programlisting>
> Ao.Co = Aa.Ca &lt;OP&gt; Ab.Cb
> </para>
>
> I spent far more time trying to debug gtkdoc than it took to find all the
> cairo papers on the net, understand them, and make this doc:

If you are doing this inline (and I don't think this should be inline;
while what you have is a good start, there's quite a bit of more
information that should be provided to the user: it needs pictures and
descriptions of what the operators used for, so I'd put the stuff into a
separate .sgml file and then just refer to it from the cairo_operator_t
description), then the "trick" used in gtk-doc is, instead of using a
blank line, to use a line with a single space on it.

Regards,
							Owen