[cairo] [win32] Binaries?

Boris Popov bpopov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:34:54 PDT 2005

On 8/15/05, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:

> Daniel K. O. writes:
> > Is there a special reason to build it without freetype and png?
>
> Well, just for GTK+'s use of cairo those are not needed. But on the
> other hand GTK+ requires libpng anyway, and Pango includes libpangoft2
> which uses freetype. So if somebody uses cairo outside GTK+ would it
> be a small save in the number of requirements. On the other hand a
> non-GTK+ use of cairo is perhaps then more likely to want the PNG or
> PostScript backends?
>
> I guess only if somebody explicitly asks for it I'll build also a
> minimal cairo distribution for Win32.

I'll tell you what I need it for and let you decide if my request is worth
your efforts :)

I'm basically planning on using cairo as a rendering platform the charting
package instead of current gd. Its a distributable software component, so
less dlls I include, easier it is to maintain. FreeType and PNG are
important to have though, so that's something to consider if you're willing
to build a standalone library.

Thanks!

--
- Boris