[cairo] Usee pkg-config to detect freetype if available

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Wed Aug 17 09:41:22 PDT 2005

Hi,

I've attached a small patch to change configure.in to try to use
pkg-config for detecting freetype2.  If that fails, it falls back to the
existing check that uses freetype-config.  Two reasons for this change:

  - freetype-config --libs on a 64 bit platform prints

	-L/usr/lib64 -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib64 -lfreetype -lz

    adding an --rpath to the Libs: in the generated cairo.pc.  It's a
bug in freetype-config that it doesn't recognize /usr/lib64 as a system
library path, but I'd rather just avoid freetype-config when possible.

  - we can put 'freetype >= $FREETYPE_MIN_VERSION' in the
Requires(.private): field instead of putting the libs in the Libs: field
and the cflags in the Cflags: field.

cheers,
Kristian