[cairo] Updating cairo-demo/qcairo to current API

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Fri Aug 19 14:58:56 PDT 2005

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Thanks for the patch.  I've been trying to keep the cairo-demo
> module updated lately, but I didn't have Qt around, so left
> qcairo out.  The patch looks pretty good, I'll apply it.  Sure,
> go ahead and submit patches for all of them!

I will see if I can port the qcairo demo to work with QT4 and in OSX/Win
as well, just as an experiment. If it works I will let you know.

There are two other demos that have problems in my setup. The sdl one
compiles, but when I run it it just presents a blank screen. No errors.
Before I start looking for the cause can you tell me if it works
correctly for you? I am running Slack 10.1 on this particular system.

The other is the svgspacewar demo. It does not compile. Does it depend
on other libraries? I noticed that the Makefile is missing the cairo
word in pkgconfig, and the source is missing <cairo.h>. But it still
does not compile, complaining about gdk_create_cairo. Maybe I need to
build this first, any pointers?

Regards,
Mauricio