[cairo] Cairo ported to OS/2 - Suggestions

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Aug 22 14:01:39 PDT 2005

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:52:07 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> As was discussed on IRC, a script to generate a .def file from the
> headers would be great. I am sure there are more sophisticated such
> scripts out there (hi, Hans), but as for now this seems to do the
> trick:

Thanks, Tor! This appears to work just fine to me. (And as with the
other patch, what really matters is that it works fine for you.)
Please feel free to commit.

> There is of course a risk that editing a header file inappropriately
> might make that grep stop noticing some function, or not noticing a
> new one, and thus break ABI. One will have to check the .def file in
> each release that it isn't broken. Or should that be automated also,
> some check that in case the DLL name ("soname") isn't changing
> (LT_CURRENT - LT_AGE stays the same), there are only additions to the
> .def file compared to the previous release? Could be hairy...

A manual check could definitely be added to the instructions in
cairo/RELEASING. Something like just adding the .def file to the
(ever-growing) diff command in step #3.