[cairo] Cairo embolden font patch

sunmoon1997 sunmoon1997 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:00:34 PDT 2005

Owen Taylor wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 09:54 +0800, sunmoon1997 wrote:
>

>>this patch does it in that way.
>>attached a much clean patch.
>>

>I've committed something based on your patch. I've stripped out the
>cleanups and just committed the content. The cleanups were good,
>but they created more conflicts with Keith's outstanding patch.
>And the code they clean up is changing anyways.
>
>Can you test what was committed to make sure it works? We've only made
>sure it compiles with CVS FreeType.

It doesn't work until change line 1568 to
    load_flags = _get_pattern_load_flags (resolved);.

In _get_pattern_load_flags:

+	if (FcPatternGetBool (pattern,
+			      FC_EMBOLDEN, 0, &embolden) != FcResultMatch)

FC always sets embolden to false, it seems this only work with
a resolved pattern. Keith may wants to explain why it's not work.

>Thanks,
>						Owen
>
>P.S. - in the ChangeLog I've written: "patch from Jackey Yang and
>sunmoon1997". Would you like to be credited in some other way?
>(UTF-8 OK)

It's ok, thank you.

Sunmoon1997