[cairo] cairo 1.0.0 release and gedit => breakage ?

Stéphane LOEUILLET news at leroutier.net
Wed Aug 24 13:56:50 PDT 2005

Hello,

as i updated my local cairo tree, i saw you just released 1.0.0
i took a look at the site, 1.0.0 tarball was available and visible.

so, i updated from 0.9.2 (+ gentoo patch for xorg vendor thing) to 1.0.0
(without any patch as 1.0.0 already checks for this problem)

i have glib and gtk+ 2.8.1 and pango 1.10.0

with gedit 2.11.92, hitting a menu item (File, Edit, ...) brings no drop
down menu and gives me that on the console :
(gedit:19536): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to
allocate widget with width 325 and height -1074790400

also, if i click on the search icon, the search window opens but left
half of it is out of screen (popup1.png)

if i edit a file and try to close gedit, it brings the 'are you sure you
don't want to save' pop-up (popup2.png), also half displayed and text in
it is misplaced (popup3.png)

i'm pretty sure i did not update anything else related to display today
(glib and gtk+ update where yesterday), so, could be cairo fault.

any way to help resolve this ?

Screenshots available there :
http://www.leroutier.net/popup1.png
http://www.leroutier.net/popup2.png