[cairo] Bug in freetype2 pkg-config requirement

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sun Aug 28 07:55:40 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 19:32 -0400, Igor Foox wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've built cairo-1.0.0, and then tried to build gtk-2.8.0 on top of it.
> In the process I discovered what looks like a bug in the cairo.pc.in
> file. The way it is now, the freetype2 CFLAGS dependency does not get
> generated. I've attached a fix that I made locally to address the
> problem.

Can you be more specific about the problem you ran into building GTK+?

It should not be depending on getting FreeType or fontconfig cflags
from Cairo.

There have been proposals to add a separate cairo-ft.pc as a convenience
to give the CFlags and *libs* you need to use the functions in
cairo-ft.h. Just the CFlags aren't enough: to make use of the functions
in cairo-ft.h your program will also need to use fontconfig and/or
FreeType functions, and as such needs to link against these libraries
directly.

Regards,
						Owen