[cairo] (glitz) struggling to make rendertest

Patrick Pailhes patrick.pailhes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 03:25:47 PST 2005

Hi there

I've just downloaded and installed glitz-0.5.1 from Cairo CVS. Now, I
want to test it using rendertest. I've dowloaded the latest rendertest
files from CVS, executed the command ./autogen.sh (backend glitz-glx:
yes), make and make install.

After that, I changed to the directory src and typed make rendertest.
However, there are several linking errors such as:
"src/rendertest.c:296: undefined reference to `render_read_png'" and
"src/rendertest.c:742: undefined reference to `cos'".

When I type make rendertest, it calls "gcc -g -O2 -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing
rendertest.c   -o rendertest" and that line does not include neither
the Math library nor the necessary files args.c, png.c, etc.

Basically, I'm stuck. I'm sorry to pollute the cairo mailing-list with
this "newbie message" but if anyone has already encountered that
difficulty or knows the answer, I would really appreciate their help.

Thank you.

Patrick