[cairo] PDF lib?

Rui Tiago Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 06:15:10 PST 2005

Yes, you answered my questions, thank you.

I have been thinking for a while that a PDF renderer library would be
a good project to host at fd.org. Right now, in free desktops, the PDF
readers that exist are suboptimal being based either on ghostscript or
xpdf (which renders quite ugly fonts btw). There has been some
advances on this field as you can see with kpdf (being the best right
now even if in beta) and evince, but they are still based on xpdf and
working in parallel on a feature I think should be standard on any
desktop, thus a common library should exist.

Now about quartz let me say I don't know much about it either, I found
that page when researching a bit for my mail. Anyway it seems quite a
good model that cairo should follow, if it wasn't following it already
without knowing, that is.