[cairo] Meta surface proposal

Jost Boekemeier jost2345 at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 8 09:31:10 PST 2005

> Where else?

In the output "device driver".  Of course you could
argue that cairo backends are a form of device driver.
 In this case, yes, such a feature might be
desireable.

> It's not at all different from PS on Unix. You can't
> produce PS without exactly the same algorithms.

Well, my intention was to document what the backend
supports.  If a user uses features that e.g. the PS
backend doesn't support, then he/she shouldn't be
surprised that the ps file is a giant image.  We might
add a comment at the top of the PS file which
indicates why this happened.

It's just that I like to avoid making more than one
pass to generate the output.

> It wouldn't be used if if the backend in use doesn't
> need it.

Okay.

Jost