[cairo] Win32 Port

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Wed Feb 9 08:34:58 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 23:08 +1100, Matthew Allen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a build of Cairo running on win32 with the VC6 tool chain. I've made dsp's of all the projects,
>  except fontconfig and freetype. I'm using the win32 build of freetype from gnu and I've reimplemented
> just the parts of fontconfig needed to get Cairo to compile/link and start.

Fontconfig and Freetype are not required for the native Win32 backend
with what's in CVS now... all you should need are libpixman, libpng,
and Cairo.

(And there are win32 builds of fontconfig available ... they are used
for the GIMP. Also, gnuwin32.sourceforge.net is not associated
with GNU or the FSF it's just a project to build stuff for Windows.)

> So far so good.
>
> I've implemented a new surface to get Cairo to draw directly onto a Win32 DIB section,
> created outside of Cairo. Which works for me.
>
> Then I drew a simple polygon and it shows up on screen.
>
> All good.
>
> Then I implemented a simple renderer, that parses geometry out of a file and then gets Cairo to render it.
>
> Not so good.
>
> I keep getting parts of scanlines dropped. Is this a known bug?
> Or something I've introduced by compiling it under win32?

It doesn't sound familiar, but I think the first thing to do would be
create a test using the PNG backend so that it is more easily
testable cross platform (and cross-compiler). It sort of has
the sound of a compiler dependent issue in libpixman.

Regards,
						Owen