[cairo] Win32 Port

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Feb 10 04:36:41 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:15:33 +1100, "Matthew Allen" wrote:
> Ok fixed the problem. I was compiling with a broken stdint.h,

Ouch. I'm glad you tracked that one down.

> Maybe it'd be nice to have a few runtime
> assert(sizeof(???) == ???)'s to sanity check that critical types are
> the right size?

I don't think so. I think this is approaching the:

	assert (1 != 0)

level of paranoia, and I don't think those kinds of things help
improve the code clarity. (Plus, there's nothing more annoying than
having to fix bugs in assertion statements themselves, something that
gets more common if we get too assert-crazy).