[cairo] Region code...

Matthew Allen fret at memecode.com
Fri Feb 11 20:13:14 PST 2005

Ok now that I've got a win32 build humming along I want to start doing some real work with it.

One of the first things I wanted to do is port some existing code over to cairo. A few things that I found:
a) The api is really really clean. It's fun to use, which is probably why cairo is so wildly popular ;)
b) There is no path type. so you can't build up a path and reuse it later. there apears to be some hints towards moving in that direction in the header though. It'd certainly make sense in some applications to have an opaque path type, ala Gdi+'s Gdiplus::Path.
c) There is no api for working with regions. Obviously internally there is some sort of region code but there is no external api for it. How hard would it to be to add such an api? To do things like create, delete, intersect, union, subtract etc? A path type is useful in this regard as well.

Is anyone maintaining a downloadable win32 binary of cairo?

I'm thinking of putting regular builds on my site.

regards
--
Matthew Allen
(fret at memecode.com) (http://www.memecode.com)