[cairo] API Shakeup: cairo_paint

Øyvind Kolås islewind at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:36:56 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:19:59 -0500, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:

>snip<

I like the idea of this new paint function, and I can see it
as becoming a standard way to start painting on an unbounded surface.

Following this trail of thought I'd like to associate the clipping
path with a surface, and not the gstate.

/**
 * cairo_paint:
 * Fills the area within the clipping path of the active
 * surface.
 */
void
cairo_paint (cairo_t *cr);

Somehow the drawing models seems easier to me if I do. When talking in
cairo jargon I see no need for the recurrences of the word "current".
Any color, linewidth or pattern referred to when painting must be the
active[1] value.

[1] just avoiding the use of current here.

/Øyvind K./pippin

--
Software patents hinder progress | http://swpat.ffii.org/
Web :  http://pippin.gimp.org/