[cairo] Java-GNOME adding cairo bindings

Ivan Markov ivan.markov at wizcom.bg
Wed Feb 16 02:16:16 PST 2005

Jeff & Soorya,

I intended to join this discussion yesterday, as I wanted to support Cairo in my own pet project (SWT port to the Fox toolkit: swtfox.sourceforge.net).
Today though, much to my surprise I discovered that the latest *nix SWT ports support Cairo natively..  Check the latest nightly build of SWT 3.1.
The Cairo functionality is exposed to the public through a uniform API, which is an extension of the old GC/Font/Image stuff.

Anyway, the earlier you guys hear about it the better. By the way, Advanced Graphics for SWT was in the plans for 3.1 for a long time, but the SWT devs had been sketchy on the details.

-Ivan