[cairo] undefined reference to `_cairo_surface_get_image'

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Feb 22 10:45:57 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:28:39 -0500, John Ellson wrote:
> You also need to --disable-xcb

Ah, thanks.

> I'm guessing that Carl doesn't have XCB installed, so didn't account for
> this in the temporary configure fix.

Yes, that's exactly it. I've now committed a change to disable the XCB
backend by default.

And now that we have a plan in place for dealing with backend
interface changes, (disabling by default any backends that aren't
fixed at the time of the change), we should have fewer problems with
this in the future.

-Carl

PS. Although, it would help if we had a bit more abstraction in the
configure.in file, so that the default enable/disable values for each
backend weren't so tangled up with the logic for testing for the
backend's presence.