[cairo] How do i build Pango with cairo support

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Feb 23 06:23:17 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:04:23 +0000 (GMT), chaya n wrote:
> Now I want to build GTK and I get the error that Pango
> must be installed with cairo support.
> Please tell me how I can do this

The latest pango from CVS builds against cairo automatically,
(assuming it can find it), and shouldn't require any special
configuration.

Perhaps pango got built before cairo was installed? (If so, maybe
there's a dependency bug in the jhbuild stuff). I'd suggest trying to
build pango again, and see if it doesn't just work. If so, you should
be able to find something like the following within pango/config.log:

	configure:21575: checking for cairo >= 0.2.0
	configure:21579: result: yes

Good luck,