[cairo] API Shakeup: A hidden offset for the xlib backend

Carl Worth cworth at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 07:48:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:47:07 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> And, finally, do we want a cairo_function for this, or should we
> restrict it to a cairo_surface function, (cairo_xlib_surface ?). That
> might also help hide the wart away.

We discussed this a little at the recent meeting, and decided this is
a display-device--specific operation. So I propose adding some
function along the lines of:

	void
	cairo_xlib_surface_set_???_offset (cairo_surface_t *surface,
					   int x, int y);

And I nominated Owen to name this function and provide an
implementation, since he's the one who is closest to the issue.

Other display devices may need similar functions eventually, and if
so, we can use this xlib function as a model.