[cairo] API Shakeup: cairo_output_stream_t and cairo_surface_finish()

Jost Boekemeier jost2345 at yahoo.de
Wed Feb 23 11:12:28 PST 2005

> This assumes that the code that creates the surface
> will also call
> finish on it, like this:
>
> 	data = malloc (sizeof Stuff);
> 	cr = cairo_pdf_surface_create (write, destroy,
> data);
> 	draw_stuff (cr);
> 	cairo_surface_finish (cairo_get_target_surface
> (cr));
> 	cairo_destroy (cr);
> 	free (data);

I am probably missing the context, but the way I
understood your proposal is that you want to change
the FILE* into a cairo type.  This is something I need
too, because I can't pass a FILE.

Imho the only thing we need is a write CB; we pass an
open file descriptor (or socket in my case) and close
it when appropriate.  I don't think it is necessary to
require that cairo closes our descriptor as we know
exactly when it can be closed, no?

Jost

[P.S.: Sorry for the broken subject line]