[cairo] [patch] API Shakeup, setters and getters

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Feb 24 12:05:11 PST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:48:40 +0100, Øyvind Kolås wrote:
> Attaching a patch towards current CVS to achieve the suggested
> API.

This looks pretty good. The only problems I see are two references
to cairo_get_current_point that shouldn't be there, (should be
eliminated from cairo-sections.txt and the deprecation in cairo.h
should use cairo_current_point instead).

> This patch touches quite a large number of files, and thus is
> likely to conflict with later patches during the API shakeup, if this
> change is decided to go in, it might make sense to commit it early.

Since this is just a bunch of name changes without any change to
arguments or functionality, it occurs to me that the silly DEPRECATE
macro I made might actually have a use here.

I had wanted to hold back on committing the API changes to CVS until
we had most everything ready in order to cut the pain short rather
than dragging it out.

But if we use DEPRECATE appropriately, we can let name-change-only
changes land in CVS without breaking source or binary
compatibility. And then when the rest is ready, we can break it all at
once.

I'll experiment with this with the current patch.