[cairo] Glitz API questions

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Feb 28 09:07:07 PST 2005

I'm working on an EGL backend for glitz, and I had a couple of questions.

- In glitz_glxint.h, the following two functions are defined:

extern GLXPbuffer __internal_linkage
glitz_glx_pbuffer_create (glitz_glx_screen_info_t    *screen_info,
                          GLXFBConfig                fbconfig,
                          int                        width,
                          int                        height);

extern glitz_drawable_t __internal_linkage *
glitz_glx_create_pbuffer (void                    *abstract_templ,
                          glitz_drawable_format_t *format,
                          unsigned int            width,
                          unsigned int            height);

I'm slightly confused by this.  Presumably one is higher level than the other,
or else one is deprecated.

- I've seen some mutterings in the archives about API changes, but I only
subscribed just recently.  Will these changes be affecting the glitz backends
in any serious way?  If so I can wait to get this work started until after
glitz has settled.

- ajax