[cairo] using expat for libsvg

Chris fltk at functionalfuture.com
Sun Jan 2 05:46:28 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 13:21 +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> Here's a first draft of a patch to allow libsvg to be built against
> libexpat rather than libxml2.  This is handy for those of us working
> with small systems, since libxml2's binaries are several times larger
> than those of expat.
>
> Some functionality is still missing: most notably, the hash table
> functions in svg_parser_expat.c need to be implemented to make element
> lookups work.  But it seems to work well enough to render simple SVGs.
>
> p.

Hey, this is great.  Especially since fontconfig is using expat anyway.
No sense using two separate XML libraries.

I have a whole bunch of portable hash code laying around, what do you
need?  It looks like just a regular string hash table? (string to void*
mapping?)

I have a small high-performance string hash map implementation that
might work perfect.  E-mail me.

--
// Chris