[cairo] reference counting vs garbage collection

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jan 3 13:50:22 PST 2005

Around 15 o'clock on Jan 3, =?UTF-8?B?S3Jpc3RpYW4gSMO4Z3NiZXJn?= wrote:

> Are you saying that for the PNG surface you must call show_page to have
> the drawing show up on the surface?  Is that the sematics we want?

Not in the surface, but to be present in the output file.  Cairo
implicitly calls cairo_copy_page if this function hasn't been called
already, so there's nothing an application has to do to get the file
contents to match the image other than destroy the surface (and any
objects referencing the surface).

-keith