[cairo] Re: Notes from Pango/Cairo integration

graydon hoare graydon at redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 13:16:46 PST 2005

Owen Taylor wrote:
> So, over the last few days, I spent some time getting an initial
> pass of Pango/Cairo integration. It went pretty well, I got things
> working and checked into Pango CVS. (HEAD branch.) But, not
> suprisingly, I ran into a few problems with the font handling
> in Cairo.

... all your suggested improvements here sound fine by me. the current
state of affairs in cairo text is more or less "enough to get java2d
working"; if pango needs it differently, pango wins. our goal is anyways
to make java2d use the "native" cairo-using parts of GTK as they become
available.

(with the caveat that I don't really have a ton of time to actually make
any of these changes myself. but if you want to butcher what I wrote
into some more useful form, I won't complain)

-graydon