Rethinking snippets a bit (was: Re: [cairo] Default line width == 2.0?)

Øyvind Kolås islewind at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 14:59:28 PST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:20:33 -0500, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> This incidents leads me to suspect that we should generate snippets
> with a more standard cairo environment, (eg. without changing the
> default transformation).

/* further explanation of suggestions snipped */

The snippets environment now uses a common

snippet_normalize (cr, width, height)

to set the CTM and line width, this function is also documented at the
main snippets index page at http://cairographics.org/samples/

The standard decorations have been removed, their original purpose was
 part of the layout of the paper where the snippets originally
appeared, and shouldn't be needed any more.

I further think the snippets should be moved to a "snippets/" sub
directory, and an "output/" sub directory created for the generated
data. This will have to wait until the next available cairo hacking
time slot though.

/Øyvind K.

--
Software patents hinder progress | http://swpat.ffii.org/