[cairo] Notes on cairo/win32

J. Ali Harlow ali at avrc.city.ac.uk
Wed Jan 12 06:20:28 PST 2005

On 12/01/05 14:07:59, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I think a GDI[+] backend will be useful in any case for printing and
> for older Windows on older computers, so time spent working on one
> won't be a loss even if OpenGL or Direct3D is how we get things
> hardware accelerated.

Excuse my complete ignorance of cairo, but how do you see printing
working long term? Can cairo use a GDI+ backend for printing and a
Direct3D backend for screen display for the same application or do we
need to provide one combined backend? If the former then starting with
a GDI+ backend certainly seems like the way forward to me since we'll
need it anyway.

Ali.