[cairo] Font metrics under font transformations

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Thu Jan 13 09:48:37 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 08:49 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 16 o'clock on Jan 13, "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" wrote:
>
> >  I think most users don't want metrics to be affected by the CTM.
>
> Right, that's a constant in all of the proposals.  We're only talking
> about the (separate) font transformation matrix.

  Oh, I completely missed this 'separate font transformation matrix'
thing.

  OTOH, a separate transformation matrix for fonts sounds a bit like
excessive complexity.  You should be able to transform fonts anyway you
like with the operations: Translate(-x, -y) + <insert font
transformation here> + Translate(x, y).

  But most likely I'm missing something, again..

  Thanks.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<gjc at inescporto.pt> <gustavo at users.sourceforge.net>