[cairo] Cairo/GtkCairo Vs. GtkDrawingArea

Noe Misael Nieto Arroyo ciehe at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 12:48:18 PST 2005

Hello list.

We are developing a Digital Storage Osciloscope. For
our Display we were experimenting with GtkDrawingArea.

Drawing Lines are sometimes kinda easy, but when it
comes to colors, types of Lines and eye candy the gdk
drawing primitives become hard to manage.

I found Cairo and I loved the idea. I would like to
share  a couple of simple apps I made for testing and
confronting the capabilities of GtkDrawingArea Vs
Cairo.

The files are stored in:
http://capmeter.sourceforge.net/index.php?gadget=filebrowser&action=display&path=Test%20Code

Please feel free to post comments. I'm mainly
interested in performance Issues.

Thanks in advance.
Noe Nieto.