[cairo] Mac OS X support added

Calum Robinson calumr at mac.com
Sun Jan 16 09:09:05 PST 2005

http://homepage.mac.com/calumr/fdclock-osx.png

I have just committed the changes for Mac OS X to Cairo CVS, including
a new Quartz demo app (at cairo/cairo-demo/quartz). The quartz surface
backend is pretty basic, and the ATSUI font backend doesn't have any
caching code in it yet (and is actually broken ATM because of some
recent changes to the FT backend that I hadn't checked out until
today).

I still haven't implemented the Makefile changes to support Mac OS X
targets, as up until now I have been building Cairo as a framework in
Xcode (the project has also been checked into CVS at cairo/macosx).
This is the first thing that I will need help with.

On 14 Jan 2005, at 20:00, cairo-request at cairographics.org wrote:

> Just a note that I am offering to help out (in whatever way possible),
> on the Quartz port. We had been working on the Mozilla Quartz renderer
> for SVG,
> but this track seems to be more promising as the Moz folks are actively
> integrating Cairo for X platforms.
>
> I am hoping that Calum Robinson will help me get jumpstarted --- and I
> can
> lend a useful hand.

What would be really useful is if Cairo could just get the Quartz
backend to draw curves and set the clip region etc., rather than just
sending it trapezoids to draw. I get the impression this may be done
for the PDF backend?

I suspect that the code I just checked in is very slow - so any help in
that area would also be useful.

Calum Robinson
http://homepage.mac.com/calumr