[cairo] semantics of cairo_copy()

Jonathan Brandmeyer jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 05:04:20 PST 2005

This clears up a lot, even if large parts don't quite make sense.  The
fact that it copies only the most recent state from src to the most
recent state of dest is the most surprising to me, followed closely by
the graphics state including the target device.

Thanks,
-Jonathan

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 16:08 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:

> Copying to a non-targeted cairo_t should work just fine. I just tried
> the following and it worked just fine:
>
> 	/* Given cr, targeting a PNG image */
> 	cairo_t *copy;
> 	copy = cairo_create ();
> 	cairo_copy (copy, cr);
>
> > ** This one is an error right now: the code is "SIGSEGV" ;)  At worst,
> > it should set the error flag.  Is it possible to make this work at all?
>
> SIGSEGV is almost certainly a cairo bug. Can you show me the code
> leading to this?

It was a bug in my code.